When we talk about innovation, development and the future of the residential construction and design industry, the NAHB International Builders’ Show® (IBS) comes to mind. Among the myriad of activities, exhibitors and networking opportunities, Learning Labs stand out as a beacon for professionals looking to stay at the forefront of the industry. Let’s dive into what makes the Learning Labs at IBS such a unique and invaluable experience.
What are the Learning Labs?
Learning Labs are fast-paced sessions using unique presentation formats (think lightning rounds and Ted-talk style), interactive technology, audience participation and more.
Why are Learning Labs important?
Learning Labs are an important format for IBS Education because they help industry professionals:
Adapt to Change
In a rapidly evolving industry, staying up to date with the latest trends, techniques and technologies is essential. Learning Labs act as a compass, pointing builders, designers and other industry professionals in the direction of progress.
Network & Connect
Learning Labs are about gaining knowledge, but they’re also about building connections. Engaging with industry experts, thought leaders and peers can foster collaborations and partnerships that are transformative.
Whether it’s mastering a new software, understanding emerging construction methodologies or delving into sustainable building practices, Learning Labs offer opportunities to enhance skills.
Learning Lab Formats
Each Learning Lab uses one of four interactive formats. Speakers dive into a topic in new and interesting ways.
Here’s what to expect:
- Punch List: Discover new trends, products and ideas with a new example every few minutes.
- 4/12 Pitch: Four speakers take the stage one by one to share their perspectives and must-know elements on a niche topic.
- Two-Story Talk: Two experts explore a distinctly unique side of an issue or approach to a particular problem.
- Jam(b) Session: Informal and interactive, expect lively debates, free-flowing town halls, live demonstrations, one-on-one interviews with industry leaders and more.
Learning Labs’ Topics
Learning Labs explore a full range of industry topics. Some of the topics unfolding during Learning Labs include:
- 2024 Design & Product Trends
- Amplifying & Analyzing Your Facebook & Instagram Presence
- Engage & Keep Prospects Happy Top of Funnel to Bottom
- Home Building’s Trends, Topics & Trepidations To Watch
- How A.I. is Revolutionizing New Home Sales & Marketing
- The Impact of Home Tech in Today’s Design-Build Process
- Overcoming 16 Lead-Killing Mistakes Builders Make with Their Websites
- Sales Leader vs. Sales Follower
- Successful Strategies for Building & Protecting Your Brand
Check out the full schedule of Learning Labs.
Learning Labs require an Expo+Education Pass. Seating is first-come, first-serve for each Learning Lab.