If you’re about to embark on your first-ever journey to the NAHB International Builders’ Show® (IBS), you’re in for a treat! This event is not just a trade show; it’s an experience packed with innovation, learning opportunities, networking and fun! As a first timer, the Builders’ Show can be an overwhelming experience – from the sheer size and everything that is happening at the show.
Fear not! We’re going to guide you through the must-see things and provide some tips on making the most out of your IBS experience.
NAHB IBS 2024 First-Time Attendee Deal
As an NAHB Member attending IBS for the first time, you can put your NAHB membership to work and start enjoying your NAHB Member benefits. First, join us at IBS with the First-Time Attendee Deal! NAHB Members: Learn more about the First-Time Attendee Deal.
Must-Dos for First Timers
This is not a comprehensive list of everything happening at the show, but rather some of the top stops on your show agenda.
1. Special Events: IBS is known for its impressive lineup of special events that cater to a wide range of interests. Whether it’s an informative pre-show learning opportunity by a respected industry expert, a celebrity keynote speech or an awards ceremony, make sure to add some of these events to your schedule. Events like the Official IBS House Party, Young Pro Party and NAHB Award ceremonies, such as the Best in American Living™ Awards and The Nationals are ticketed events that often sell out, so it’s best to buy tickets as soon as possible.
2. New Product Zone: Make sure you have the New Product Zone as a stop on your show plan. This is where the latest and greatest residential construction products and technologies make their grand debut. Don’t miss the chance to be among the first to discover the next industry-changing innovation. This area tends to get crowded, so try to visit early in the day for the best experience.
3. Segments on the Show Floor & Outdoor Exhibits: This year, the exhibit show floor is separated into 6 categories and then there’s the Outdoor Exhibits. With 1300+ exhibitors, it’s impossible to visit every one of them. Instead, look at the exhibitor list or floor plans ahead of time. Identify the categories or exhibitors that you want to visit so you know before you go where to concentrate during your times on the show floor.
4. Demo Zones: Live demonstrations in the Construction Performance Zone and the Craft Techniques Zone are hot spots at the Builders’ Show. Step into the Construction Performance Zone to see industry experts reveal industry best practices for building more durable, efficient, higher-quality homes. Explore the details and finishes that complete a home in the Craft Techniques Zone. There’s a variety of 30-minute interactive demos you can participate in these zones.
5. IBS Education: One of the biggest draws to the Builders’ Show is the 100+ IBS Education sessions, where you can learn strategies, discover new trends and more directly from industry experts. As an NAHB Member who is a first-time attendee, you can enjoy an Expo+Education Pass at a greatly reduced rate, which gives you access to the show floor AND 100+ IBS Education sessions.
Here are a few tips to make the most out of these sessions:
1. Plan Ahead: Review the schedule ahead of time and mark your preferred sessions. IBS offers an array of concurrent sessions, so careful planning is necessary to avoid clashes. This year, we are offering encore sessions and added a time slot to avoid clashes or having you miss a session you really want to attend.
2. Arrive Early: Popular sessions can fill up quickly, so try to arrive at least 15-20 minutes early. This helps to guarantee you get a seat, but also gives you a chance to network with other professionals while you’re waiting for the session to open/begin.
3. Engage: Don’t be afraid to ask questions during the Q&A section. The speakers are industry leaders. This is your opportunity to get direct insights from them.
Must-Use: IBS Mobile App
To help you navigate the event smoothly, IBS provides an official app with features like interactive floor plans, the full event schedule, speaker listings and more. Download it ahead of time to familiarize yourself with it.
You can also use it to:
1. Plan Your Day: Use the app’s built-in scheduler to plan your day. You can add sessions, reminders, exhibitors and more so you won’t miss anything important.
2. Navigate: The Las Vegas Convention Center is vast, but the app’s interactive map helps ensure you never get lost. You can locate exhibitors, find specific booths, session rooms and even chart the fastest route to your next destination.
3. Network: Use the app to connect with other attendees, schedule meetings and share your experiences. Remember, connecting with other industry professionals is a significant part of IBS!
Remember to pace yourself. IBS is an action-packed event. It can be tempting to try and see it all, but it’s also essential to take breaks and soak it all in.
Mark your calendar. Registration for IBS 2024 opens Sept 1 at BuildersShow.com