It was a phenomenal start to the new year as the NAHB’s
International Builders’ Show® (IBS) kicked off 2018 with an exciting show. This
mega-industry event welcomed builders, remodelers, design professionals,
architects and specialty contractors from around the globe. From innovative new
products to incredible education sessions and fun networking events, this
year’s show was full of amazement and value!
Highlights from IBS
- Keynote speaker and four-time Super Bowl
champion quarterback, Terry Bradshaw,
kicked off Design & Construction Week® (DCW).
- The show welcomed over 85,000 attendees as part of DCW. Of that total, about 60,000 were
- Thousands of building professionals attended more
than 150 education sessions in 8 tracks
covering the entire building industry.
- The exhibits spanned 583,000 net square feet, with more than 1,500 manufacturers and suppliers.
- The 35th edition of The New American Home® and the third The New American Remodel™ welcomed
thousands across their thresholds over three days’ time. Both homes were
produced and presented by the NAHB Leading Suppliers Council (LSC) and
cosponsored by Professional Builder
- Attendees enjoyed the mild temperatures when
they stepped outside to tour the Professional
Builder Show Village and see fantastic products at the IBS Outdoor Exhibits and DCW
Outdoor Living Pavilion.
- Over 300 entries in nine categories were
received for the 2018 Best of IBS Awards.
- The NAHB
Meeting of the Members gave attendees the opportunity to participate in a
Q&A session with entrepreneur and branding expert Daymond John of ABC’s
smash hit, Shark Tank.
- Attendees received valuable hands-on,
interactive learning experiences in the dozens of Builder Clinics and Tech
Bytes sessions, and learned from informative demonstrations at the High Performance Building Zone (HPBZ).
- The CEDIA
Technology Solutions Pavilion featured exhibitors who specialize in tech
solutions and gave attendees one centralized location to review these products
and make choices based on their specific business needs.
- Attendees took advantage of the many
opportunities to network with colleagues and have a lot of fun, including at the
IBS Centrals and these SOLD OUT events: The House Party Sponsored
by Chase, the Young Pro Party and
the IBS Closing Spike Concert with
New ideas and new innovations—that’s what the show is all
about! Plan to join us at the International Builders’ Show® in Las Vegas,
February 19 – 21, 2019.
Sign up to receive Builders’ Show emails.