The NAHB International Builders’ Show® (IBS), co-located with the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show® (KBIS) for Design & Construction Week® (DCW), is the largest gathering of home building professionals in North America. With 2,000 top manufacturers on the combined show floors and 95,000 people attending, it’s an exciting place to be.
If you are thinking about attending the Builders’ Show for the first time, IBS offers a first-time attendee discount*. Priced at only $150 for full registration, it gives you access to all the show has to offer.
Who attends IBS?
One of the biggest misconceptions about the show is that it is only for home builders and remodelers. That’s not the case. In fact, it’s for anyone who is associated with the residential construction industry. Specialty trade contractors, interior designers, architects, sales and marketing professionals and others always find value from attending this mega-event.
What’s there to do during the Builders’ Show?
Each year, the show kicks off with the Opening Ceremonies and closes with a ticketed event, the IBS Closing Concert. But in the 56 hours in between those two headliner events, there is so much to see and do, such as:
- Show Floor Exhibits: The Builders’ Show brings together more than 1,400 top manufacturers and suppliers from around the globe and spans more than 600,000 net square feet of exhibit space. You also get access to the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show as part of your full registration.
- 130+ Education Sessions + On Demand: These programs cover the hottest trends and topics affecting the home building industry. With over 130 sessions, this is where you can learn the newest techniques to apply to your business and career. After the show, you get access to a one-year subscription of IBS Education On Demand – a library of sessions that were recorded during IBS 2020, which will let you continue your learning all year long.
- Show Floor Education
- Construction demos at the High Performance Building Zone (HPBZ) are led by nationally acclaimed instructors and building science experts. These 30-minute live demos take you through the practical, real-world side of why building science and high-performance construction are transforming the housing industry.
- The Building Performance Lab features a small, finished model home where you can get an insider-look at how the products and techniques discussed on the HPBZ stage translate to a real structure.
- At IBS Live, explore the future of housing and the products, processes and people who are disrupting the home building industry.
- Networking & Learning at IBS Centrals: The Centrals are the place to explore fun, new ideas, refine your skills, and gain business information about your specific niche in the building industry while networking with others. The Centrals cover the topics of 55+ housing, custom building, design, multifamily housing, remodelers and sales.
A lot of value is packed into your first-time attendee registration. If you aren’t currently a member of an HBA but plan to attend IBS 2020, your best bet is to join your local HBA to get the discounted rate.
Registration for IBS opens August 1, 2019. Sign up for Builders’ Show emails so you don’t miss the great August-only deals!
*First-time attendees are defined as current members who have never previously registered for IBS, or people who have registered for IBS but only as a non-member.