Heatlok HFO by Demilec Spray Foam Insulation
Heatlok HFO High Lift and Heatlok HFO Pro are Demilec’s first products to leverage ultra-low global warming potential blowing agents by leveraging Honeywell’s Solstice® Liquid Blowing Agent technology to meet requirements of the Montreal protocol and deliver a high-performance solution.
Designed for today’s building envelope, Demilec’s Heatlok HFO Pro:
- Exceeds ASHRAE 90.1 at 1.5 inches
- Boasts a 98% closed cell content
- Has an R-Value of 7.4 at 1”
- Is ABAA certified
Heatlok HFO Pro achieves a better building envelope. To do this, Demilec brought together four components :
- A blowing agent that meets non-ozone-depleting standards, utilizes HFO technology and has the manufacturing capacity to support the SPF industry.
- A polyol that meets Demilec’s environmental goals and was manufactured with renewable and recycled products.
- The catalyst needed to react fast enough for a spray foam system while protecting and prolonging shelf life and still providing an improved in-field performance.
- The surfactant to handle hydrolysis and flammability challenges, generate the required cell structure for the blowing agent and provide a high R-value.
Here’s what our judges said about the Heatlok HFO by Demilec Spray Foam Insulation:
- “Exceptional performance with single application. Look forward to your product success moving forward.”
- “I love this product. This is spray foam done right. Eco-friendly spray foam using recycled plastic water bottles. (over 50 million). Tested and certified as an air, thermal, water barrier.”
Congratulations to Heatlok HFO by Demilec Spray Foam Insulation for winning the Best Green Building Product in the Best of IBS 2019 Awards. Meet the other finalists:
3M™ Smog-reducing Granules by 3M
Eco-wall by Champagne Edition Inc. T/A Eco-Flex
The Perfect Block Insulated Composite Concrete Form (ICCF) by Eco Building Systems Corp.
ThermoDrain by Ecoinnovation Technologies
Ultimate Combo Series by Enviro Water Products
Fast-Tube Utility Column by Fab-Form Industries
POWERHOUSE™ 3.0 Solar Shingle by RGS Energy
1 Source: https://youtu.be/KzOqiPxUFFw