The International Builders’ Show® (IBS), now in its 76th year, is the largest annual light construction trade show in the Americas. IBS and its Design & Construction Week partner, Kitchen & Bath Industry Show® (KBIS), will feature more than 2,100 industry-specific exhibitors covering more than 1 million square feet.
Whether you are a veteran or a newcomer, it’s clear that having a working knowledge of what the show has to offer is necessary so that you get the most from your show experience. Here is a guide to help you navigate.
Parking at the Las Vegas Convention Center is quite limited, which is why a complimentary shuttle bus service will be provided on all three days of the show from the official IBS hotels that aren’t walkable. Shuttle service will begin each morning at 6:30 AM and run through 6:30 PM.
The Las Vegas Monorail is another good option for getting to and from the Convention Center. You can secure discount passes when you register for IBS, and your show badge acts like a monorail pass.
High traffic is anticipated the first day of the show, especially in the morning as thousands of people make their way to the Westgate Hotel next to the Convention Center to take part in the Opening Ceremonies featuring Earvin “Magic” Johnson at 8:00 AM. The other high-traffic time is once the show closes at 5:00 PM. You should be prepared for larger-than-average crowds this first day.
The Convention Center Campus is segmented into the South, Central and North Halls.
The first stop the shuttle bus makes is at the South Hall, with IBS exhibits upstairs and KBIS exhibits located on the ground floor.
South Hall Key Attractions:
- nextBUILD—Discover the latest technologies to build a growing and thriving business.
- CEDIA Home Technology Solutions Pavilion—Get connected with the growing array of home automation products.
- DCW Outdoor Living Pavilion—Check out the latest in outdoor/backyard products such as hardscape, decking, outdoor lighting and more.
- IBS Live—Discover the momentous changes ahead and how you can propel your business forward by embracing them.
- The Spot—Enter the daily drawing, have your headshot taken by a professional photographer and relax after a long day—all at The Spot.
- Two IBS Centrals—Two of the six IBS Centrals, Design and Sales Central—are located on the second floor.
- Education—Be prepared to learn, connect and grow with IBS educational offerings focused on seven tracks: Project Management; Design & Community Planning; Business Management; Sales & Marketing; Industry Trends & Emerging Issues; Custom Building & Remodeling; and Multifamily Housing.
The final stop on the shuttle bus is at the Central and North Halls, where IBS and KBIS will both have exhibits. You’ll see the IBS Outdoor Exhibit in the Silver Parking Lot on your left.
Central and North Hall Key Attractions:
- IBS Jobsite Safety Zone—Meet industry leaders dedicated to jobsite safety, and walk away with practical training tips.
- High Performance Building Zone (HPBZ)—Discover the best practices for improving efficiency in all areas of the home with interactive demos of the latest building methods.
- Four IBS Centrals—Four of the six IBS Centrals, 55+ Housing, Custom Building, Remodeling and Multifamily—are located on the second floor of the North Hall.
- Education—The balance of the IBS education programming is held in the North Hall.
There are several marquee events that take place during the Builders’ Show.
- Opening Ceremonies Featuring Earvin “Magic” Johnson—Kick off the 2020 show with this iconic basketball legend-turned-business powerhouse.
- The Official IBS House Party sponsored by Chase (SOLD OUT)— Celebrate the first day of the Builders’ Show at OMNIA Nightclub at Caesars Palace—an ultra-luxury Las Vegas nightclub. A ticket is required.
- Young Pro Party sponsored by American Express—Under 40? Join us at On the Record at Park MGM for a fun record store-esque experience and to network with other young professionals in the industry. A ticket is required.
- NAHB Meeting of the Members—Learn how NAHB’s grassroots guide the association’s direction and activities and experience a Q&A with race car driver and entrepreneur Danica Patrick.
- IBS Closing Concert with the Doobie Brothers— Close out IBS 2020 with a private concert by a Grammy® Award-winning American and 2020 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Nominee! A ticket is required.
To maximize your time at the show, be sure to download the IBS Mobile App, which places interactive maps, exhibitor listings, and education and events right at your fingertips.
There will definitely be a lot to see and do during this three-day event. Visit BuildersShow.com to learn more.