The NAHB International Builders’ Show® (IBS) brings together more than 1,400 top manufacturers and suppliers from around the globe. Savvy young professionals know that staying at the front of industry trends with the tools available at IBS will help them reach their career goals. Whether walking the show floor, attending education sessions or networking with other industry pros, the information you’ll get at IBS in just three days is astronomical.
So Much Education! The more than 150 education sessions at IBS 2020 will cover trending topics in the industry and provide everything you need to advance your career.
- Game Changers are twice daily keynotes featuring thought leaders who will discuss some of the hottest topics in business. These sessions are open to all attendees with a Full Registration or 1-Day Education valid for the day of the session.
- Tech Bytes are 30-minute sessions that offer a unique opportunity to learn the practical sides of technology and how to integrate them into your business. New for 2020: There will be two stages for two areas of focus—Digital Marketing & Sales and Design, Ops & Home Tech.
Other education sessions that may benefit you as a Young Professional:
- The Expectations Game: How to Create a Winning Customer Experience from the Start: Learn strategies you can implement immediately to fully engage your customers, reduce conflict, manage expectations, eliminate errors and ensure your buyers become your biggest advocates after the job is done.
- Kitchen Hacks: Deliver “The Look” on a Budget: Learn how to translate luxe, high-end design details into budget-friendly, cost-effective design solutions. From finishes to fixtures to space planning, leave with design ideas that you can immediately incorporate into your homes.
- Designing Your Ideal Week: Effective Time Management Through Block Scheduling: Explore the benefits and the how-tos for prioritizing your time using block scheduling. We’ll debunk the myth of multi-tasking, show you how to create an ideal week and build muscle memory for the operations of your business.
“I’m not sure where else I could go to get the kind of content I get at IBS. It’s the only opportunity I’ve ever had to be able to sit with experts in the industry who share tangible information I can quickly put into practice.” – Cassidy Jones, Slate Creek Builders
Show Floor Demos & Learning. There are several areas on the show floor where you can find specialized learning opportunities.
- CEDIA® Technology Solutions Pavilion is where to explore home automation trends and products. Learn how to incorporate these products into your builds and remodels directly from leading home technology manufacturers.
- At the High Performance Building Zone, see daily construction demos led by building science experts and learn the latest techniques in high performance building.
- IBS Live features the future of home building and you’ll learn from industry leaders who are addressing the tremendous market shifts with innovative products, construction technique, processes and more.
“The High Performance Building Zone was amazing. The big, hands-on displays were so great. I could clearly see how systems were put together, and how I could improve some of the homes I am building.” – Andrew Hayes, Hayes Construction Inc.
Networking with Other Industry YPs. IBS provides some great opportunities to connect with other young professionals in the industry.
- The NAHB Headquarters Booth, located in the Grand Lobby of the Las Vegas Convention Center, is the spot for the NAHB Young Professionals NEXT Lounge, which features special YP programming (programming details coming soon).
- The IBS Young Pro Party is the hottest event for professionals 40 and under. This record-esque experience is on Wednesday, January 22, from 8:00-10:30 PM at One the Record at Park MGM. An event ticket is required.
“IBS is an incredible opportunity to learn from and network with so many successful professionals.” – Sherry Ferguson, Ferguson Builders
Discounted Pricing Still Available. Register today! Early-bird deals, as low as $50 for NAHB members and $100 for non-members, are available through November 15; and, if this is your first time attending the Builders’ Show as an NAHB member, you are eligible to take advantage of the First-Time Attendee Deal.
From innovative products and the latest home technology to career growth opportunities and networking, IBS is the place for young professionals to experience everything new and exciting happening in the building industry. Learn more at BuildersShow.com.