The 2014 NAHB International Builders’ Show has once again been accepted by the U.S. Department of Commerce to be a part of the International Buyer Program (IBP). This program gives exhibitors the opportunity to meet with international buyers and potentially expand their businesses globally. Only 26 U.S. trade events, in industries with export potential, received the IBP designation for 2014.
NAHB staff, translators and representatives from the U.S. Department of Commerce and International Trade Administration at International Central during IBS 2013
IBS will be held February 4-6, 2014 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. New for 2014, it will be co-located with the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS), another popular industry-specific event.
The demand for home products has never been limited to the U.S. The home building and remodeling industry has high export potential, and manufacturers and suppliers have long recognized the value in showcasing their products to the international buyer. With the co-location of two building industry events, the first annual “Design and Construction Week” is expected to exceed previous years’ international attendance.
The IBP Benefits Exhibitors and Attendees Alike
The International Buyer Program offers U.S.-based exhibitors many valuable benefits, including:
- Meeting with qualified buyers from all across the globe.
- Obtaining assistance identifying potential business partners through the U.S. Commercial Services-managed International Trade Center at the show.
- Introducing products and services to hundreds of international trade leaders in the building industry.
- Receiving face-to-face export counseling from overseas U.S. Commercial Services representatives.
IBS exhibitors can also take advantage of an online business matchmaking software program that connects and schedules meetings with foreign buyers to the show. More details about this part of the program will be available closer to the Show.
Additionally, IBP attendees can take advantage of these great benefits, including:
- Registering for the Builders’ Show at the discounted NAHB member rate.
- Traveling with other home building professionals from their country.
- Having access to the Export Interest Directory online before the Show and obtaining a printed copy at the Show. This mini-guide is designed specifically for international attendees. It lists, by country and/or region of the world, the U.S. exhibitors who export or have an interest in exporting.
- Attending the International Buyers Reception where attendees can network with other international buyers and exhibitors who export home products.
- Gaining access to International Central, a space dedicated exclusively for international attendees and exhibitors. While there, attendees can grab a light refreshment, utilize translators and hold discussions in private meeting rooms.
Last year, 347 international visitors attended the Show as part of an IBP delegation, comprising 35 groups representing 39 countries. The top five delegations included: 1) Dominican Republic, 2) Cambodia, 3) Nigeria, 4) Jordan and 5) Mongolia.
You can join a delegation and register now at BuildersShow.com/delegations.
To find out more about the International Buyer Program’s presence at IBS, email email@example.com.