It was a phenomenal start to the new year as the NAHB International Builders’ Show ® (IBS) kicked off a new decade with an exciting show. Held at the Las Vegas Convention Center, this mega-industry event welcomed builders, remodelers, design professionals, architects and specialty contractors from around the globe. From innovative new products to incredible education sessions and fun networking events, this year’s show was full of amazement and value. Just take a look at these highlights!
• Opening Ceremonies keynote speaker Alex Rodriquez kicked off Design & Construction Week® (DCW).
• The show welcomed approximately 90,000 attendees as part of DCW. Of that total, about 65,000 were IBS registrants.
• The IBS exhibits spanned 600,000 net square feet, with more than 1,400 exhibitors. When you include the exhibits at KBIS, the show totaled nearly 1 million square feet.
• Over 350 entries in nine product categories were received for the 2020 Best of IBS Awards, culminating in the announcement of the Best in Show winner Enginuity Micro-CHP by Enginuity Power Systems.
• Thousands of home building professionals attended more than 150 education sessions in 7 tracks covering the entire industry. Highlights included our Game Changers keynotes who inspired us to think about a different approach for addressing critical issues in the housing industry.
• The 37th edition of The New American Home® and 5th of The New American Remodel® welcomed thousands across their thresholds over three days’ time to see the newest products and design trends put to use.
• NAHB was proud to have HUD Secretary Ben Carson at the show, looking at innovative building products to help tackle housing affordability.
• The Builders of Insta Meetup on the first day was a massive success. Attendees enjoyed gorgeous Las Vegas weather as they gathered outside, where they also took advantage of the chance to tour the Professional Builder Show Village and see fantastic products at the IBS Outdoor Exhibits.
• Our IBS Vloggers walked miles and covered the show from beginning to end, chronicling their unique perspectives on products, people and the industry as a whole
• At the NAHB Meeting of the Members, NAHB member attendees heard a high-level overview of the state of the association and the industry and a Q&A with race car driver and entrepreneur, Danica Patrick.
• Attendees immersed themselves in the latest products, applications and tech platforms through hands-on presentations and consultations at the Tech Bytes sessions and learned from informative demonstrations at the High Performance Building Zone (HPBZ).
• Attendees took advantage of the many opportunities to network with colleagues and have a lot of fun, including at the IBS Centrals and these SOLD OUT events: The Official IBS House Party Sponsored by Chase, the IBS Young Pro Party Sponsored by American Express and the IBS Closing Concert with the Doobie Brothers.
New ideas and amazing innovations—that’s what the Builders’ Show is all about! Plan to join us at the NAHB International Builders’ Show® in Orlando, February 9-11, 2021. Registration opens September 1, 2020.