“It’s a game changer.”
This is what one judge noted when referring to the Easy Connect Joining System by Andersen Windows, Inc. which won Best in Show at the 2019 Best of IBS Awards. Winners were announced at IBS Live during a ceremony on the final day of the NAHB International Builders’ Show® (IBS) in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Best in Show Winner: Andersen Windows, Inc.
The Easy Connect Joining System by Andersen Windows, Inc. is designed to make it easier to install large window combinations.
“With this patented system, large window combinations are split into smaller sub-group combinations that are factory assembled, have all the necessary joining components applied and arrive ready to install directly into the rough opening, making installation at the job site easier.”
Another judge noted, “The Easy Connect window system addresses a number of challenges and opportunities in building. I asked [this finalist] for ONE reason why their product should win over all the others in their category, and they answered that it offers a savings of reducing skilled labor by 50%. That’s a big deal for a lot of reasons.”
The onsite judges were also impressed with the 10-year warranty, intuitive installation procedure and overall wind force and impact resistance.
2019 Best of IBS Show Winners
This year’s Best of IBS Awards received more than 300 entries. A panel of 31 independent judges—made up of attending reporters and building professionals—gave out awards in nine categories, plus an overall Best in Show award.
Awards were given to exhibitors with a product or line that shows the best combination of design, functionality and innovation, as well as its usefulness to consumers and/or home builders.
Other winners include:
- Best Kitchen Product: CAFÉ 5-in-1 Oven with Advantium Technology by GE Appliances
- Best Bath Product: Redi Your Way by Tile Redi USA, LLC
- Best Energy Efficient Product: POWERHOUSE™ 3.0 Solar Shingle by RGS Energy
- Best Green Building Product: Heatlok HFO by Demilec Spray Foam Insulation
- Best Home Technology Product: Leviton Load Center Wi-Fi-enabled Circuit Breaker by Leviton Manufacturing Company
- Best Indoor Living Product: Heat & Glo Foundation Series Luxury Gas Fireplace by Heatilator, Heat & Glo and Majestic (Hearth & Home Technologies)
- Best Outdoor Living Product (Tie): CAMO DRIVE by CAMO Fasteners and The Soho by Hampstead
- Best Window and Door Product: Easy Connect Joining System by Andersen Windows, Inc.
- Most Innovative Building Material Product: NTI GF200 Combi-Furnace by NTI, Inc.
“The competition was fierce, but these winners truly represent the best of the best in terms of innovation, design and functionality of the products going into today’s homes,” said Buddy Hughes, NAHB Conventions and Meetings Committee Chair.
For more information about the Best of IBS Awards, visit buildersshow.com/bestofibs.