It’s a wrap! Thousands attended NAHB’s International Builders’ Show® (IBS), January 19-21 in Las Vegas! Building industry professionals discovered an expansive universe of products and innovative concepts designed to enhance their businesses moving forward.
The Builders’ Show, as part of Design & Construction Week® (DCW), featured the co-location of IBS and the National Kitchen & Bath Association’s Kitchen & Bath Industry Show® (KBIS). This year, DCW also included two partner events – the International Window Coverings Expo (IWCE) and The International Surface Event (TISE). This mega-event brought together more than 110,000 builders, general contractors, remodelers, designers, flooring professionals, as well as product specifiers from around the globe.
Show highlights include:
- IBS kicked-off with comedian and all-around nice guy, Jay Leno.
- Thousands of building professionals attended more than 120+ education sessions from 8 tracks that covered the breadth of the entire building industry.
- IBS Live sessions and demonstrations at the High Performance Building Zone (HPBZ) were hot-places to be – showcasing innovative ideas and information to all in a lively, entertaining manner.
- The 33nd Edition of The New American Home® – NAHB’s show home – welcomed thousands.
- New in 2016! Experiential learning provided attendees with a new experience in learning, including peer-to-peer and attendee-driven learning, such as group-talks and crowdsourced programs, and interactive education rooms.
- Spot Fred, the Food Truck Alley, the barista artist and so much more popped up all over social media(#IBSVegas) as attendees were excited to share their fun experiences.
- Close to 300 entries in nine categories were received in the 2016 Best of IBS Awards, which were presented Thursday afternoon. Check out the winners!
- Each day, many new solutions were discovered through networking breakfasts and coffee chats at the six Centrals.
- After hours events included the Official IBS House Party, the National Sales & Marketing Awards (The NationalsSM), the Best in American Living™ Awards and the Young Professionals After Hours Party.
- The IBS Spike Concert Presented by GEICO featured the number one selling duo, Daryl Hall & John Oates.
IBS 2017 will be held January 10-12 in Orlando! Registration opens August 1. Sign up to receive email updates.